The Unseen The Unheard: Space & Time Experimental Video

For Project 2, I decided to explore time in space as a way to reflect on the things which seem so obvious but is oblivious to everyday people. I got this idea when noticing that whenever I do an activity, I am either listening to a YouTube video, music, or am talking to some one. I stopped listening to the world around me. This directly correlates to the quote from McLuhan where he said "The Extension of any one sense alters the way we think and act the way we perceive the world" (41). By focusing on my screen to do art and listening to a video essay on Spider Man with headphones on it changed how the world can be viewed. So I decided to video tape a video of me drawing on my computer while also having a video running in the background, which I usually do. By doing this I could hear and see things that are happening everyday for me but which I choose to ignore. I specifically chose to record on my phone and iPad from two different angles as it shows different perspectives to the same situation allowing me to explore the same time and space from different angles. The black bars which appear from using the phone and iPad also represent that although this is an opportunity to see what is "unseen" there are other aspects we miss doing so. Looking back at the video I noticed how interesting the sound was and decided to make it a key point in my video using it as a transition for camera angles. Overall this was a very interesting project which not only allowed me to explore a new medium of art but also allowed me to reflect on my everyday life.

Comments

  1. I love your continuity editing. But i think it would be nice if you record the videos horizontally.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment