Preparing for the Gallery Show

For project number 5 part two, students were assigned to print out two 11x14 pictures and frame them. Students then had to present their work in the Mudd gallery. For my two gallery pieces, I decided that I could not choose any two image on their own for my narrative so decided to choose 3 with Cold Bear, 3 with Ultraman, and 2 with both and combined them into two images. By doing this I was able to keep the narrative flow going even with two images. Setting up for the gallery was a lot of work but also a great experience. Bringing in all the stools, putting the pictures in the frames, lining up the art work, and finally putting them up was a first for me. Out of the bunch the most challenging was calculating where the pictures should be hung. Having limited measuring tapes, I had to improvise and use other methods to get the pictures up. I used different tools such as string cut out to a certain size, and corners of paper to line everything up. At first I was a bit worried but the final product but it came out well. Unfortunately due to scheduling issues, I was unable to go to the final show. However, from what I heard, I heard that it was a success and people had enjoyed it. It was not something just one person could have done alone, so it was cool to finally have a process where a large group of people could worked together to get a task done.

Comments