Fahara Desert New Media Final

For the final assignment in New Media in Art, students were allowed to create any work of art using the mediums covered in class. For my assignment, I decided to mix the audio portion of this class and combined it with my other class, Artisanal Animation, to create a immersive world. My personal passion in art is world building and creating characters, environments, and story's which people can watch and enjoy. For this project, named Fahara Desert, I decided to animate a desert setting based off a dream I had a while back. In this dream, there were these nomadic people walking through  the desert for a new home, when they are followed by a huge desert whale. I drew and timeline animated it in adobe photoshop. The audio was important to add more immersion to the animation. I used random sounds like the sound of my fan, a brush brushing, and me making whale like sounds to create the audio. The name Fahara comes from combining the words "fake or false" with Sahara. It was important to mix the visual sense (image), the sound sense (sound), and movement (animation) together in order to create what I would call an "active still." In the end, I am happy with the final product. I feel like the combinations of the different mediums brought to life a calm, cozy, mysterious world.

Comments

  1. Cute! the sound is interesting. I wonder how it could be if its like a moving anime

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment