The Beatles


Image result for The beatleslogo
For project number 7, students where assigned to research a creator mentioned in McLuhan's book and create a power point on why they belong in the book. For my assignment, I decided to go with The Beatles as I was curious as they have only really been "legends" to me. The Beatles were and still are a popular band and many people my age known them from our parents influence. Having been said, I was not in the generation of when The Beatles were great. Doing research on The Beatles enlightened me with a lot of stuff that I did not know. They key things I found where information about how revolutionary their music production process was at the time. From using new technologies like tape recorders, multitrack recording, and the television, they were able toc reate music and spread it like no other band before. The combination of new technology and The Beatles ability to reach out to the youth of the time is what made them popular. Reading text like this helped me connect The Beatles to McLuhan, as McLuhan's brings up a lot about experimental art. Although multitrack music productions, tape recorders, and television, things that may seem outdated now and quite frankly very normal to us, back then it must have been something new. Not new in terms of each tech on its own but how it was combined together to make a system to produce music. The Beatles are a very known mainstream for of music listened to all now, but when they first got big, it must have been a huge change for the medium of music.

Image result for magnetic tape recorderImage result for The beatles photo


Comments

  1. Thanks to you, now I know that The Beatles was one of those experimental bands with new media in music at that time. It is really interesting to know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome perspective on the Beatles that I never realized!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment